PENZION STANICE LYŽAŘŮ FRYŠAVA

Beautiful accommodation, good food, cycling, skiing - all in the untouched nature of the Protected Landscape Area Žďárské vrchy in the Vysočina region.

The pension is located in the center of the picturesque village Fryšava pod Žákovou Horou, in the middle of beautiful and untouched nature of the protected landscape area Žďárské vrchy in the Vysočina region. In the immediate vicinity of the village there are many sports activities. In the winter months, it is mainly maintained cross-country trails that start right next to the house and an excellent location for snowkitting. The Highlands Arena (Biathlon) is 6 km away. In the summer months, there are countless cycling routes. In the vicinity of the Vysočina arena there are very popular "Single track" and "Pump track" tracks for mountain bikes.

Accommodation has been operating in the pension since 1890. At that time, it was still in Šín's inn, the birthplace of the composer and professor of the Prague Conservatory, Otakar Šín. In the 1920s, our grandparents, Mr. and Mrs. Prokop, bought the building from Šín. After nationalization in the 1950s, the owners were employed by the state-owned Jednota in their former house, and it was not until the 1960s that they definitively abandoned hospitality services. Here ends the era of the famous inn "U Olišarů". After the return of the property in 1990, several tenants have taken turns in the building to date. In 2017, the reconstruction of accommodation began.

Why Ski Station? In 1911, a Ski Station was established in the then Šín Inn in Fryšava, the New Town Ski Club. From that time, until the end of the grandparents' business, a station diary was kept here. The first registered guest was the then best Czech skier and ski instructor Bohumil Hanč, who two years later, at Easter 1913, tragically died at the Krkonoše Fifty.

With the reconstruction of accommodation, we want to follow the period when the building functioned as an accommodation inn.

Where to find us?

Fryšava pod Žákovou Horou 42 - Center of village (near by children playground).
GPS: 49.6296714N, 16.0406714E